PERSONAL ACCIDENT PLAN
Accidental death, injury or disability inflicts much grief, shock and trauma to the affected family. The unexpected sudden inability of the bread winner to provide for the basic needs of the family along with exorbitant treatment and hospitalization costs, compounded by loss or prolonged absence or layoff from work, imposes severe financial burden.
Jubilee Life's Personal Accident Basic Plan aspires to financially assist the distressed family overcome the crisis they find themselves in.
- A main feature of this plan is that at low premium cost at same rates applicable to all covered ages, in the event of accidental death of the Insured, a sum assured is paid to beneficiaries.
- The sum assured is a flat lump sum amount, 100% of which is payable by Jubilee Life to the beneficiary up front on occurrence of the accidental death of the Insured. The sum assured, premium payment term, premium payment amount is selected by the Insured according to need and convenience.
- In case the Insured suffers accidental dismemberment (severance) of limbs or loss of sight as a result of accident, amounts would be paid to the Insured as per a defined schedule.
- In case the Insured is hospitalized as an inpatient as a result of accident(s) an amount equal to an annual limit up-to 10% of the Sum Assured subject to a maximum payment would be paid to the Insured.
For plan description, definitions and terms please refer to the brochure and standard policy conditions.
You can be insured for a combination of the following benefits depending on the package you select:
- Accidental Death Dismemberment Benefit (ADD) In case of death due to accident, 100% of the Sum Assured is payable to the nominee / claimant of the insured in accordance with the terms and conditions of PAP.
In case of dismemberment due to accident, a specified percentage of the Sum Assured is payable as per below table:
||% of Sum Assured
|Loss of two or more limbs by amputation at or above wrist or ankle
|Total and irrevocable loss of all sight in both eyes
|Total and irrevocable loss of all sight in one eye and loss of one limb by amputation at or above ankle
|Loss of both limbs and index finger of either hand by amputation at or above the metatarsophalangeal joint
|Total and irrevocable loss of all sight in one eye
|Loss of one limb by amputation at or above wrist or ankle
- Accidental Hospitalization (AH)
AH provides compensation for expenses incurred on hospitalization of the insured due to accident. The maximum benefit limit for this coverage is 10% of the Sum Assured subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
PTD provides for compensation in case of permanent and total disability of the insured due to accident. The benefit payable to the insured will be 100% of Sum Assured. The benefit is payable if permanent and total disability persists for a minimum period of six months.
- Temporary Disability (TD)
TD provides monthly payments in case of temporary disability as a result of an accident. The monthly benefit payable is 2% of the Sum Assured per month till recovery from that disability subject to maximum aggregate payment of 24% of the Sum Assured for accidents in any policy year.
Packages offered under Personal Accident Plan:
||Accidental Death Dismemberment (ADD) + Accidental Hospitalization (AH)
||Accidental Death Dismemberment (ADD) + Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
||Accidental Death Dismemberment (ADD) + Permanent Total Disability (PTD)+ Temporary Disability (TD)
||Accidental Death Dismemberment (ADD) + Permanent Total Disability (PTD)+ Accidental Hospitalization (AH)
||Accidental Death Dismemberment (ADD) + Permanent Total Disability (PTD)+ Accidental Hospitalization (AH)Temporary Disability (TD)
Under Personal Accident Plan, the risk classes are categorized as follows:
||Professional, administrative and clerical staff
||Occupations of supervisory nature or which may involve travelling or light manual work
||Occupations involving manual work or the use of tools and light machinery
Persons between the ages of 18 to 59 (nearest birthday) are eligible for insurance under the Personal Accident Basic Plan. The person may choose a policy coverage term of 1, 3, 5 or 10 years provided the period of cover should not extend beyond the Insured’s 60th birthday.
Multiple accidents occurring during the policy duration are covered. For accidents within the same policy year, the maximum cumulative payment that can be made for these accidents is 100% of Sum Assured.
- If you are between 18 and 59 nearest your birthday, you may purchase this plan.
- You may choose the package as per your budget and financial needs.
- Minimal underwriting. Just fill in the attached proposal form online and remit the premium online vide Credit Card, Debit Card, Visa Card or Master Card.
- Suicide or any attempt at suicide or self-inflicted injury
- Injuries resulting from act of felony or being in an abnormal state of mind or under the influence of drugs, alcohol etc.
- Intentional exposure to potential injuries.
- War, invasions, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, mutiny, riots, strike and act of terrorism.
- Engaging in aviation (other than as a fare paying passenger in a fully licensed standard type aircraft operated by a recognized are charter company).
- Being in service of armed forces whether in war or in peace.
- Engaging in sports or pastime of a hazardous nature such as motorcycle racing, car racing, mountain climbing, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, potholing and hot air ballooning.
- Any loss or injury that has been aggravated due to any pre-existing medical conditions which were present at the time of issuance of policy.
- Murder or any attempt of murder whether intentional or unintentional, as a result of enmity, hostilities, conflict and act of violence.
- Commission or attempted commission of any criminal offence or contravention of or negligence to follow any statutory law.
- Choose the Amount of Basic Cover and the Policy Term
- Choose the Benefit Package and Risk Class
- Calculate premium
- Fill the application form and make online premium payment using Credit/Debit Card